I painted a mural in the laundry room of my house! I started it almost a year ago with help from my friends
Marika and
Abby and then I forgot about it until this week. I am heading to Mexico tomorrow to visit many, many people including an amazing
artist who I worked with while I was studying abroad there. We collaborated on a mural so as I was planning this trip, I was like, "Hooray for seeing Rolando... Maybe I will see the mural we painted... Murals... Oh right, I was painting a mural wasn't I?"
Yesterday was my birthday, and I spent a lot of it napping and painting this mural. Just livin' it up over here, in Ithaca! The mural is based on some photos and watercolors I made last summer in Vacaville, California.
See? Now when we're ironing, we can pretend we are in the central valley in the summer time and not a basement! And on that note, I won't be posting again for another month or so because, as I said, I will be in Mexico.
¡Nos vemos!
That is so rad! Have fun in Mexico!
ReplyDeleteAHHH I LOVE THAT THERE IS A MURAL OF THE CENTRAL VALLEY IN ITHACA!!! SO MUCH CALI LOVE! Also, so jealous you are in Mexico. Send my love to everyone you meet (hopefully some of them know me. :)
ReplyDeletesweet mural, and MEXICO you lucky dog!
ReplyDelete