Monday, June 23, 2014

New York Sketches (plus bonus sketch!)

Last weekend I went to New York to see my family. They throw a pretty sweet annual shindig in the Catskill Mountains and it was so much fun to see everyone and celebrate Father's Day with the extended fam. I spent a good amount of the afternoon sketching my sister by the pool (pictured below riding an inflatable alligator). My younger cousins in the 5 to 10 age range sat and looked over my shoulder while I was drawing, then when I brought out the markers, it naturally became a collaboration. I told them what colors to use and they filled in my sketch, so Anna's portrait became a group effort, and a very successful one if I may say so!


After the party I headed to New York City to spend the night with my good friend Caitlin. We had a great night drinking wine and catching up and then in the morning my plan was to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and do some more master copies but the day was too gorgeous to spend inside so I ended up in Central Park, sketching those famous, twisty New York City trees and listening to street performers. It was perfect.


The last sketch is a bonus sketch! It is not from New York, but from a kitchen right here in Massachusetts! The first person who can correctly identify whose kitchen it is based only on the sketch 



No comments:

Post a Comment