The view from our southbound plane window. Air plane en en plein air!
Anyone who has been to LEAF probably will recognize this chair. There are hundreds like it in the main dining hall. To the left of the chair, some sketches done while people-watching.
I spent a great deal of time on this nightscape, and I don't think this image really conveys the drawing very well but I think you get the idea! This is the view from the merch tent where I was volunteering.
I got to see Bela Fleck and Abigail Washburn perform at LEAF as well and at one point, Abigail Washburn introduced a song by asking the crowd, "so who else here likes old-timey murder ballads?" The audience responded with wild cheering, of course. It inspired this drawing:
After LEAF, we spent a day exploring Asheville, which it a lovely town full of cute local craft stores and great cafés, like this one where Neil and I ate breakfast (ok, it was probably about 2 PM, so, more like late lunch of breakfast food).
The next day we piled into a car with a bunch of other contra dancers and headed back to the airport. See ya next time, NC!







No comments:
Post a Comment